Potato Pancakes with Onion and Fresh Dill
- 1 kilo potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 tablespoons flour
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 chopped bunch of fresh dill
- coconut oil to fry
- 25g butter
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- half of teaspoon dried chilli
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Heat butter over low heat and fry chopped onion until golden
- Step 2 Remove onion from heat
- Step 3 Grate potatoes. Using paper towels press and drain as much moisture as possible
- Step 4 Mix potatoes, fried onion, eggs, flour, minced garlic clove, fresh chopped dill and seasoning in a mixing bowl. Stir until combined
- Step 5 Heat coconut oil
- Step 6 Fry pancakes until golden
Traditional Polish recipe perfect for everyone. These pancakes are prepared from grated raw potatoes combined with onion and fresh dill.
Potato Pancakes Recipe
Heat butter in a skillet over low heat. Fry chopped onion until golden. Remove from heat.
Grate potatoes. Using paper towels press and drain as much moisture as possible.
Mix potatoes, fried onion, eggs, flour, minced garlic clove, fresh chopped dill and seasoning in a mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Put one tablespoon of potato mixture (one tablespoon for each pancake) in a skillet and press down with spatula. Brown until crisp on both sides.
Find more inspiration for dinner on our blog.
Enjoy and remember – Taste Rules!