Pancakes Served with Cinnamon Apples
- 220g wheat or spelt flour
- 2 eggs
- 40g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 220ml natural yogurt
- 1 green apple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Step 1 Cut apple and caramelize it with butter, coconut oil, cinnamon and brown sugar
- Step 2 Separate egg yolks and whites
- Step 3 Beat whites until foamy
- Step 4 Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and add beaten whites
- Step 5 Fry pancakes over low heat until golden
- Step 6 Serve with caramelized apples
It is a light, fluffy cake in round shape and it is considered a symbol of a perfect American breakfast.
Cut apple into small pieces. Heat butter and coconut oil in a skillet over low heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and mix until melted. Place apple into the skillet and fry for 10 minutes.
Separate whites from yolks. Place egg whites in a big mixing bowl and beat until foamy.
In a second mixing bowl beat egg yolks and sugar. Then add vanilla sugar, baking soda, yogurt and flour. Mix until combined.
Place beaten egg whites in a mixing bowl with rest of ingredients. Gently stir until evenly mixed.
Fry in a dry skillet on both sides until golden.
Serve with maple syrup and apples.
Enjoy and remember – Taste Rules!