Oat Fried Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets without skin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- half lemon
- 5 tablespoons rye flour
- 1 cup oat flakes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- FOR FRESH ROCKET SALAD
- rocket salad
- few cherry tomatoes
- half of red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 5-6 tablespoons natural or greek style yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Prepare the marinade-mix together juice from half lemon, fresh dill, salt and pepper
- Step 2 Place salmon fillets into the marinade and set aside for 30 minutes
- Step 3 Prepare sauce for salad – mix together yogurt, chopped dill, salt and pepper and set aside for 30 minutes
- Step 4 On separated plates place beaten egg, flour and oat flakes
- Step 5 Dip salmon into the beaten egg, then into flour coating on both sides, then back into beaten and then into oat flakes
- Step 6 Fry over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side
- Step 7 Serve with potato puree and fresh salad
Healthy alternative to a salmon fried in bread crumbs. Oat flakes version gives that dish a brand new, fresh taste.
Oat Salmon Recipe
Prepare marinade for salmon. Whisk together juice from half lemon, salt, pepper and chopped dill. Place salmon into marinade and set aside for 30 minutes.
Salad: Place some rocket salad on a plate. Put halves of tomatoes and chopped onion on top. Whisk together yogurt, salt, pepper and fresh chopped dill. Pour over the salad.
On separate plates place flour, beaten egg and oat flakes. Dip salmon into the beaten egg, then into flour coating on both sides, then back into beaten egg and then into oat flakes.
Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry salmon for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Serve with salad and potatoes.
Enjoy and remember – Taste Rules!