Homemade Garlic Baguette
- 350g spelt flour
- 7g dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 small minced garlic cloves
- 20g melted butter
- 180ml warm water
- Step 1 Melt butter and set aside to cool
- Step 2 Prepare a big bowl
- Step 3 Mix all dry ingredients
- Step 4 Mix water, egg and melted butter and combine them with dry ingredients
- Step 5 Knead for at least 5 minutes
- Step 6 Leave the dough to rise
- Step 7 Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheat oven to 200C
Perfect recipe to try baking your own bread for a very first time.It’s never been so easy. Make your Sunday breakfast special!
Garlic Baguette Recipe
Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add all dry ingredients and mix everything until combined. Whisk together warm water, melted butter and egg. Pour into a mixing bowl with the rest of ingredients and start to knead (at least for 5 minutes). Place the dough into a mixing bowl, cover with a cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
Then Punch dough down, turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 4 or 5 times. Set aside in a warm place for another 30 minutes.
Then again Punch dough down, turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 4 or 5 times. Divide the dough into 2 pieces and form a baguettes.
Place them in a baking dish lined with paper baking and set aside for another 15 minutes.
Bake in a preheat oven to 200C for 15 minutes.
Try it out with our bbq sandwich recipe.
Enjoy and remember – Taste Rules!
Find more recipes for homemade bread on our blog.