Homemade Buns with Seeds
- 350g spelt flour
- 7g yeast
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 20ml olive oil
- 30g seeds (pumpkin, lin, sunflower)
- 160-170ml water
- Step 1 Place 70ml warm (38C-40C) water, yeast, 1tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp flour in a cup
- Step 2 Mix all the ingredients until combined and set aside under cover for 10 minutes
- Step 3 Place all the flour and seeds in a big mixing bowl
- Step 4 Pour yeast mixture into bowl
- Step 5 Add olive oil and start to knead
- Step 6 Gradually add rest of the water (100ml)
- Step 7 Knead for 5-7 minutes
- Step 8 Cover bowl with a cloth and set aside until doubled in bulk
- Step 9 Make 8 buns and place them on a baking sheet with baking paper
- Step 10 Cover them with a cloth and set aside for 1 hour
- Step 11 Bake in 180C for 10-15 minutes
Today I present my idea for perfect breakfast buns. They are incredibly soft and fluffy and contain no eggs and dairy! Try this easy and vegan recipe for your breakfast!
Homemade Buns Recipe
At the beginning prepare yeast mixture. Place 70ml warm water (in temperature around 38C-40C), 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and 7g yeast in a cup. Mix everything until evenly mixed. Cover with a cloth and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
Place all the flour, salt and seeds in a big mixing bowl. Pour yeast mixture into bowl. Add olive oil and start to knead.
Gradually add the rest of the water (100ml) and knead for at least 5-7 minutes. The longer you knead the dough, the more fluffy dough will be. Cover with a cloth and set aside until doubled in bulk.
Lay the baking sheet with a baking paper. Form 8 small, flat buns (70-75g each) and place them on the baking sheet. Cover them with a cloth and let them rise for 1 hour. Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for 10-15 minutes until golden.
Enjoy and remember – Taste Rules!