Breakfast Rye Bun
- 450g rye flour
- 230ml warm water
- 7g dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 50g soft butter
- Step 1 Mix together warm water, dried yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon flour
- Step 2 Set aside for 10 minutes
- Step 3 In a big bowl mix together yeast mixture and egg
- Step 4 Add flour and start to knead
- Step 5 Add soft butter and knead for 10 minutes
- Step 6 Cover the dough with a cloth and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk
- Step 7 Bake buns for 15 minutes in 200C
We are sure that a breakfast in many homes throughout the world contains this fundamental piece which is a bread or bun. Ideal base for all kinds of sandwiches regardless of the ingredients on top. Have a look and find out yourself how easy it is to bake it yourself.
Rye Bun Recipe
Mix warm water, dried yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar until combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Add 1 egg to the yeast and mix together, then add flour and start to knead.
Gradually add soft butter. Knead for 5-10 minutes. Place the dough into a mixing bowl, cover with a cloth and set aside for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
Turn the dough out into a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Divide into 8 pieces. Make buns and place them in a baking dish. Gently cut a few times on top of each bun (for example in shape of the cross). Cover with a cloth and set aside for 1 hour in a warm place.
Bake in a preheat oven to 200C for 15 minutes.
Enjoy and remember – Taste Rules!
Find more inspiration for breakfast on our blog.